Spring Salmon Nicoise salad
This salad requires a bit of advance preparation but otherwise comes together quickly.
Makes 4 servings
1 lb salmon fillets
8 oz baby potatoes
1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into chunks
1/4 cup capers,drained
1/2 cup Nicoise olives
2 anchovy fillets, minced
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
5 oz salad greens
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Poach salmon fillets at a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into halves or quarters.
- Bring eggs to a boil, then turn off heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Cool in cold water.
- Boil or steam asparagus for 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- In a small jar, make dressing by shaking together 4 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, minced anchovy fillets, dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel eggs. Cut into quarters.
- Toss salad greens with dressing. Arrange in 4 bowls.
- Top salad with poached salmon, halved or quartered eggs, asparagus chunks and potatoes. Sprinkle with capers and parsley.