Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 - 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
16 oz frozen spinach, thawed and excedd water squeezed out by hand
2 cups whole milk yogurt
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Brown rice or cauliflower rice for serving
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- In a large sautee pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and sautee until translucent. Add garlic, ginger and chiles and stir for a moment. Add chicken pieces and stir until cooked.
- Add spice mixture and stir until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and milk. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Add cilantro and stir to combine.
- Serve chicken with a side of brown rice or cauliflower rice.