Tofu Avocado Bowl with Orange Soy Dressing
Makes 4 servings
1 cup brown rice
16 oz extra-firm tofu
2 generous handfuls of baby spinach (about 3 oz)
Juice of one orange
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
2 sheets nori
3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Toast nori under a hot broiler. Crumble into small pieces.
- While rice cooks, drain and press tofu. Cut horizontally into four large slices. Heat a drizzle of oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick frying pan. Fry tofu on both sides until golden. Once cooled, cut into matchsticks.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced.
- When rice is done, toss with spinach and half of the dressing.
- Serve rice-spinach mixture in bowls, topped with tofu, remaining dressing green onions, sliced avocado, crumbled nori and sesame seeds.