Salmon with Wasabi-Lime Crema and Green Beans
Makes 4 servings
1 lb salmon fillets
1 cup brown rice
1 cup vegetable broth
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp wasabi powder or prepared wasabi
1 lime, zested and cut into wedges
12 oz green beans, trimmed
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, using 1 cup water and 1 cup vegetable broth.
- If using wasabi powder, mix it with water according to the package directions. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1 tsp lime zest and prepared wasabi. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When rice has about 10 minutes left to cook, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Season salmon with salt and pepper and fry on one side for about 7 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 2 - 3 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, steam green beans in a vegetable steamer for 4 - 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Toss cooked rice with scallions. Serve salmon with rice, green beans and lime wedges for squeezing over dish.