Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans
This is a great weekend dish that cooks unattended in the oven and provides plenty of leftovers for the week.
Makes 4 servings
1 whole chicken
3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 white onion, minced
1-1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
2 lemons, cut into 1/2" thick slices
1/2 cup black olives
12 cloves garlic
8 oz chicken broth
1 lb green beans
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss potatoes, lemon slices, olives and garlic cloves with a drizzle of olive oil and spread in bottom of a large cast iron skillet or a small roasting pan.
- Mix together the rosemary and minced onion with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Rub over inside and outside of chicken. Nestle chicken into center of potatoes.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Toss green beans on a large baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. In the final 15 minutes of cooking the chicken, add the green beans to the oven to roast.