Roasted Vegetable, Hummus and Quinoa Bowl
Makes 4 servings
1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2" thick chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 tsp each ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom
1 cup quinoa
8 oz vegetable broth
10 oz prepared hummus
1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. While oven heats, prepare vegetables as described in ingredients list.
- Mix cumin, coriander, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom together.
- Toss vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and 2/3 of spice mixture. Roast on a baking sheet in heated oven for 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables roast, place quinoa in a saucepan with vegetable broth and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once vegetables and quinoa are finished cooking, toss them together in a large bowl and transfer to serving bowls. Serve topped with hummus and an optional sprinkle of parsley.