Sirloin Steak with Baked Sweet Potato Fries and Kale Salad
A spiralizer allows for a fun presentation of sweet potato fries along with this simple seared steak, though sweet potato wedges are just as tasty. A lemony kale salad rounds out the meal.
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs sirloin steak
1 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges (or curly fries using a spiralizer)
1 tsp paprika
1 bunch lacinato kale
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sweet potato wedges or curly fries with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Roast for 15 - 20 minutes or until tender.
- Clean and stem lacinato kale and cut into ribbons. Place in top portion of a vegetable steamer.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Sear steak for 5 minutes per side or until medium rare (130 degrees internal temperature).
- While steak is cooking, steam kale for 5 minutes or until tender.