Roasted Halibut with Golden Beets and Green Beans
This simple yet delicious dinner comes together easily on sheet pans in a hot oven.
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs halibut fillets
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
1-1/2 lbs golden beets
1-1/2 lbs green beans
Olive oil, salt and pepper
Prepare marinade and marinate halibut for 1-12 hours.
- In a 9 x 9 pan, mix together lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil, garlic, and chopped oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add halibut, turning a few times to coat in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- While oven heats, peel golden beets and cut into wedges. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste on a baking sheet. Trim green beans and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste on a separate baking sheet.
- Put golden beets in oven and roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add halibut to one end of the baking sheet with green beans. Put in oven and roast for 12-15 minutes or until beans are tender and halibut is cooked through.