Broiled Salmon with White Beans and Kale
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs salmon fillets
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
1 can canellini beans, drained
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat broiler on high heat and position a rack 6 inches below it.
- While broiler heats, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir briefly until softened. Add kale and stir until it begins to wilt, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth, beans and thyme to the skillet and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer.
- Coat salmon lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Broil until opaque in center, 7-10 minutes.
- Use a container of baby kale in place of the chopped kale.