Orange Cumin Chicken Thighs with Delicata Squash and Broccoli
This meal highlights fall produce and comes together quickly on sheet pans in a hot oven.
Makes 4 servings
4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1.5lbs total)
Juice of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp coriander
Pinch of cinnamon
2 delicata squash
1 bunch broccoli
Olive oil, salt and pepper
In Advance: Make orange cumin marinade and marinate chicken thighs for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix together orange juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, coriander and cinnamon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to bowl and mix thoroughly to coat. Refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, halve and seed delicata squash (no need to peel), then cut it into half moons. Cut broccoli into florets. Coat both squash and broccoli in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread each on a baking sheet.
- Divide chicken thighs between the two baking sheets. Add both baking sheets to oven and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken thighs are done.
- Buy pre-cut broccoli florets.
- Mix a double batch of marinade and keep the remainder frozen for later use.