Zucchini Frittata with Parmesan and Basil
This frittata is a savory way to make use of late summer produce. Tender, shredded zucchini is complemented perfectly by sweet basil and the sharpness of parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings
2 medium zucchinis, grated
1/2 cup loosely packed shredded basil
4 oz parmesan cheese (preferably parmigiano reggiano), grated
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat broiler.
- While broiler heats, beat eggs in a large bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Sautee zucchini until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil and half of parmesan cheese to eggs. Toss lightly to coat basil and then add the mixture to pan, ensuring basil is well-distributed over top of zucchini.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until bottom half of frittata is well set. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place pan under broiler and broil for about 2 minutes or until top of frittata is set.