Thai Beef Salad
Spicy, garlicky Thai flavors make a delicious full meal salad that's quick to assemble.
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs flank steak
Juice of 2 limes (about 4 tbsp)
4 tbsp fish sauce
2 serrano chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
10 oz spring mix
1 English cucumber
1/2 red onion
4 sprigs basil
4 sprigs mint
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- While grill is heating, lightly coat flank steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely dice cucumber and thinly slice red onion. Coarsely chop mint, cilantro and basil.
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, and sliced serrano chiles. Add cucumber and red onion to bowl.
- Grill steak for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices before serving.
- Arrange spring mix in serving bowls.
- Add steak to bowl with cucumber and red onion. Toss with dressing and serve over top of spring mix in serving bowls.
Note - if two people are preparing this meal, it works well for one to prepare the vegetables and sauce while the other grills the flank steak.