Grilled Chicken with Corn and Watermelon Serrano Salad
This refreshing meal that makes use of late summer produce is perfect for grilling on Labor Day weekend!
Grilled corn Watermelon serrano salad Orange sparkling water*
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
Pinch of cayenne
4 ears corn
1 small, seedless watermelon
2 oz queso fresco
1-2 serrano chiles, chopped
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Olive oil, salt and pepper
In Advance: Make marinade and marinate chicken thighs for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix together juice of 1 lime, 1/4 cup olive oil, crushed garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to bowl and mix thoroughly to coat. Refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, peel watermelon and cut into 1" cubes. Mix with juice of 1/2 lime, crumbled queso fresco, serrano chiles and cilantro. Allow to rest while grilling corn and chicken.
- Add corn and chicken to the grill, grilling for a total of about 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.