Roasted Cauliflower, Yam and Quinoa Bowl
Some cooler weather moving through this weekend inspired us to make this almost Fall-like roasted veggie bowl.
Makes 4 servings
1/2 large head cauliflower
1/2 tsp each ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom
1 cup quinoa
1/3 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- While oven heats, peel and dice yam. Cut cauliflower into florets and cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise and then into 1 inch segments.
- Mix cumin, coriander, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom together. Toss cauliflower and yam with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and 2/3 of spice mixture. Roast on a baking sheet in heated oven for 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables roast, place quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Toss zucchini with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and the remainder of spice mixture. Add to the baking sheet with the cauliflower and yams and then return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Peel and mash avocado. Add lime juice, plain yogurt and cilantro, mixing thoroughly. Add salt to taste.
- Once vegetables and quinoa are finished cooking, toss them together in a large bowl and transfer to serving bowls. Serve topped with avocado mixture.