Grilled Whole Trout with Arugula Salad
Grilled trout takes just 10 minutes on the grill and makes a complete meal with a simple side salad. Perfect for a weekend lunch or easy weeknight dinner!
Makes 4 servings
2 whole trout (about 1.5 lbs each)
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp grated lemon zest
5 oz baby arugula
1-1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 oz crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup toasted walnuts
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat grill to 450 degrees.
- While grill heats, coat outside of fish with olive oil. Mix together chopped thyme, grated lemon zest with salt to taste and rub mixture on inside of trout.
- Grill trout for about 4 minutes per side or until opaque in center.
- While trout grills, make salad dressing by mixing together lemon juice, garlic, 4 tbsp olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss arugula and feta with dressing and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.