Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak with Mexican Corn Salad and Grilled Zucchini
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs flank steak
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
4 ears corn
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 red jalapeno or fresno chile, chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 oz crumbled feta cheese
Juice of 1 lime (about 3 tbsp)
2 large zucchini
Olive oil, salt and pepper
Crush garlic and finely chop oregano. Mix with chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne, 2 tbsp olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste. Rub mixture over steak and allow to sit for 1-12 hours.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- While grill heats, remove husks from corn. Reserve one ear of corn, and coat the other 3 in olive oil.
- Slice zucchini on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put corn and steak on grill. Grill steak for about 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached. Grill corn for 12 minutes total, turning every few minutes.
- Halfway through grilling the steak and corn, add zucchini to the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- While the steak rests and the corn cools, prepare corn salad. Slice kernels off reserved ear of corn and add to a large bowl along with red onion, chile, cilantro, feta, lime juice, 2 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Slice kernels off remaining ears of corn and add to bowl, tossing with other ingredients.
- Slice steak thinly and serve along with corn salad and grilled zucchini.