Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Shrimp salad makes a refreshing summer dinner that is simple and quick to prepare. We particularly enjoyed this dinner at the end of a long summer day camping near the beach with friends.
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs bay shrimp
10 oz chopped romaine lettuce
1 red pepper, diced
4 tbsp sunflower seeds
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice with 1/2 cup olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice avocado. Peel and slice 1/2 of cucumber.
- Dice red pepper and remaining 1/2 of cucumber.
- Toss chopped romaine lettuce with lemon dressing, diced red pepper and diced cucumber.
- Serve salad on plates, topped with sliced avocado, sliced cucumber, sunflower seeds and bay shrimp.