Caribbean-style Pork Tenderloin with Kale and Grilled Yams
This recipe from Fine Cooking magazine makes a savory summer dinner on the grill.
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients as listed in recipe
1 bunch kale (we used lacinato kale)
2 cloves garlic
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Follow instructions in recipe to prepare rub for pork tenderloin and apply rub to pork.
- Peel yams and slice them into 1/4 inch slices. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wash and stem kale. Cut or tear kale into large pieces. Coarsely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Grill pork tenderloin as described in recipe.
- While pork is grilling, add yams to grill and cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and sautee until garlic is softened but not browned. Add kale and sautee until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note - If two people are working on this meal, it works well for one to prepare the rub for the pork loin and handle the grilling while the other prepares the yams and the kale.