Green Salad with Nectarines, Gorgonzola and Grilled Chicken
This recipe from Fine Cooking magazine makes a delightful, healthy summer lunch with the addition of grilled chicken. We omitted the sugar and substituted 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard for the honey mustard to adhere to our plan of no added sugars for 28 days.
1/2 lb chicken breast
Salad ingredients as listed in recipe
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Grill chicken breast for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is grilling, prepare salad, following instructions in recipe.
- Serve salad in large bowls, topped with sliced grilled chicken.
Note - If two people are working on this meal, it works well for one to grill the chicken while the other prepares the salad.
- For a particularly quick summer meal, serve this salad with pre-grilled chicken breast from your grocery store's deli.