Squash Blossom Frittata
This breakfast was inspired by fresh squash blossoms that we saw at our local farmers market. It's remarkably easy to make for such a fancy-looking dish.
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup chopped white onion
8 squash blossoms
3 oz goat cheese
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat broiler.
- While broiler heats, beat eggs in a large bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Remove stems from squash blossoms and open flower a bit to remove yellow stamen in the center.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Sautee onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add half of goat cheese and squash blossoms to eggs. Toss lightly to coat squash blossoms and then add the mixture to pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until bottom half of frittata is well set. Sprinkle with remaining goat cheese.
- Place pan under broiler and broil for about 2 minutes or until top of frittata is set and cheese softened.