Lemongrass Tofu with Steamed Vegetables and Peanut Sauce
Steamed cauliflower, broccoli, green beans and carrots Peanut dipping sauce Iced genmaicha tea*
2 lemongrass stalks
1/4 cup chopped shallot (or substitute white onion)
1 Thai chile (or substitute Serrano chile)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups green beans, ends trimmed
4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp unsweetened rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Sriracha
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
Make the lemongrass marinade and marinate tofu.
- Drain and press tofu.
- While tofu drains, remove tough outer layers from lemongrass and chop remainder finely. Combine lemongrass, shallot, soy sauce, canola oil and chili flakes in food processor and process into a paste.
- Cut the tofu into large cubes and mix with the marinade. Refrigerate for 1 - 24 hours.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees. Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil (or place a large steamer in a large pot and bring it to a boil).
- While grill is heating, thread tofu cubes onto skewers.
- Mix peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, garlic and ginger in a small bowl. Slowly stir in 1/4 cup hot water and mix until smooth.
- Grill tofu skewers for 2-3 minutes per side.
- While tofu is grilling, add carrots to water or steamer and cook for 5 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Drain and serve.