Rosemary Garlic Steak with Heirloom Tomatoes and Garlic Scapes
This meal comes together quickly on the grill and makes good use of fresh summer produce. Garlic scapes can often be found at farmers markets early in summer. If not available, green beans or broccolini would be a good substitute in this meal.
Sliced heirloom tomatoes with basil and olive oil Grilled garlic scapes Sparkling water with lemon*
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs top loin steak
2 cloves garlic
3 sprigs rosemary (about 2 tbsp chopped)
2 large heirloom tomatoes
2 sprigs basil
2 bunches garlic scapes
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Crush garlic and finely chop rosemary. Mix with 2 tbsp olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste. Rub mixture over steaks and allow to se
Crush garlic and finely chop rosemary. Mix with 2 tbsp olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste. Rub mixture over steaks and allow to sit for 1 - 12 hours.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- While grill heats, trim bottoms from garlic scapes. Lightly coat scapes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on plate. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak for about 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
- Grill garlic scapes for about 3 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally to prevent burning.