Seafood Boil with Salad
Seafood boil is a festive summer meal that requires little effort other than watching the boil. A salad in a light lemon-garlic vinaigrette rounds out the meal.
Makes 4 servings
1 lb large shrimp
1 lb manila clams
8 oz chicken andouille sausage
2 ears corn
2 large red potatoes
1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
5 oz romaine leaves
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, adding Old Bay Seasoning as water begins to heat.
- While water heats, prepare seafood boil ingredients. Cut potatoes into quarters. Remove husks from corn and cut each ear in half crosswise. Slice andouille sausage into 2 inch chunks. Rinse clams to remove any sand and discard any broken or open clams.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Once water comes to a boil, add potatoes.
- Boil for 8 minutes and then add sausage.
- Boil for 5 minutes and then add corn.
- Boil for 7 minutes and then add shrimp and clams.
- While the seafood boils for an additional 4 minutes, halve the cherry tomatoes and coarsely tear the romaine leaves. Toss with the lemon vinaigrette.
- Drain the seafood boil and serve.
Note - if two people are preparing this meal, it works well for one person to prepare the ingredients and salad while the other tends to the seafood boil.