Grilled Sausage and Pattypan Squash with Apple Coleslaw
This is a flavorful meal from the grill that comes together with minimal preparation. We used ginger-Sriracha sausages that we came across at Ballard Market, but most any flavorful sausage will work well in this meal. The apple coleslaw turned out particularly well - the natural sweetness of the Gala apple balances the rice vinegar perfectly.
Makes 4 servings
4 ginger-Sriracha sausages
2 large pattypan squash
1 bag coleslaw mix
1-1/2 Gala apples
3 tbsp unsweetened rice vinegar
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- While grill is heating, prepare pattypan squash. Cut each squash in half and then cut into 1/2 inch slices. Toss in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Core and grate apple using a food processor or box grater. Add coleslaw mix, apple and rice vinegar to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine thoroughly.
- Grill sausages for about 20 minutes or until done.
- Halfway through cooking the sausages, add the squash to the grill. Grill for about 5 minutes per side.
Note - if two people are preparing this meal, it works well for one person to grill the sausage and squash while the other prepares the coleslaw.