Blackened Rockfish with Collard Greens and Yellow Squash
Steamed collard greens
Roasted yellow squash
Sparkling water with lemon
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs rockfish (about 4 pieces)
1-2 tbsp blackened seasoning, according to taste
1 bunch collard greens
2 yellow summer squash
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven heats, cut summer squash into sticks. Toss with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Remove stems from collard greens and cut into ribbons. Place in top of vegetable steaming pan.
- Once oven is hot, place squash in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Coat fish in blackened seasoning. Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet or large fry pan and fry fish 2 pieces at a time for 3 minutes per side.
- Just before adding the last 2 pieces of fish to the pan, put the collard greens on to steam. Steam about 3 minutes or until softened.