Tofu Saag with Zucchini Fennel Salad
After a few days of meals centered around meat and fish, we were eager to have something vegetarian back in the mix. We're big fans of Fine Cooking Magazine and find it a great resource for high quality recipes, so we decided to try their Tofu Saag recipe as the basis of a protein-rich vegetarian meal. Given the heartiness of the dish, we paired it with a light, tangy zucchini salad that also used up leftover fennel from earlier in the week.
Zucchini fennel salad Iced chamomile tea*
Makes 4 servings
Tofu Saag ingredients as listed in recipe
1 yellow summer squash
1/2 bulb fennel
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Thinly slice or shave zucchini, summer squash and fennel.
- Mix olive oil and lemon, whisking thoroughly to form a dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss vegetables with dressing.
- Prepare Tofu Saag according to recipe.
Note - If two people are working on this meal, it works well for one to prepare the tofu saag, while the other prepares the salad.
- In the Tofu Saag, use pre-minced ginger, such as Ginger People Minced Ginger