Mixed Greens Frittata Topped with Avocado
A generous serving of kale and chard form the base of this egg dish and bell peppers add a pop of color. The sliced avocado on top adds just a touch of creaminess.
Makes 1 serving
2 generous handfuls chopped chard and/or kale
1/8 cup chopped white onion
1/4 cup chopped red and/or yellow bell pepper
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 avocado, sliced
Hot sauce, optional
- Chop kale, chard, white onion and bell pepper.
- Beat eggs.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Sautee until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add kale and chard, sauteeing until wilted.
- Add beaten eggs and cover pan with lid. Allow to cook until firm enough to flip, about 2 minutes. Flip fritatta and cook for another 1-2 minutes until firm throughout.
- Serve on plate, topped with sliced avocado and optional hot sauce.