Spicy Cauliflower Rice Topped with Fried Eggs
Indian-inspired flavors add a savory dimension to the cauliflower in this dish. The cauliflower hash keeps well in the fridge for a quick breakfast the following day.
Makes 4 servings
1/2 head cauliflower, grated
1/4 c. white, red or yellow onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp brown mustard seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Reserve: 4 eggs for tomorrow's leftovers
- Grate cauliflower using box grater or food processor.
- Chop onion, jalapeno and ginger.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and stir briefly, followed by onion, jalapeno and ginger. Sautee until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add grated cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper, then sautee until softened and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Serve 1/4 of cauliflower mixture in a bowl, topped with two eggs fried in a small additional amount of olive oil.
- Substitute pre-grated cauliflower rice for the 1/2 head of cauliflower.
- Use pre-minced ginger, such as Ginger People Minced Ginger