Grilled Salmon with Emerald City Salad
Grilled salmon in a lemony marinade is an easy, healthy protein for summer. It pairs well with Emerald City salad, a favorite recipe of mine from PCC Natural Markets, a Seattle-based natural foods store. The original recipe calls for wild rice, but the recipe is easily made low carb by omitting the rice.
Emerald City Salad
Sparkling water with lemon*
Makes 4 servings
1-1/2 lbs salmon
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
Salt and pepper
Emerald City Salad ingredients as listed in recipe, omitting wild rice
In Advance: Prepare marinade and marinate salmon for 1-12 hours.
- In a 9 x 9 pan, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and chopped oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add salmon, turning a few times to coat in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- While grill is heating, prepare Emerald City Salad according to recipe, omitting wild rice. I typically also reduce the dressing amount by half.
- Grill salmon for 2 minutes skin side up, followed by 10 minutes skin side down or until opaque.
- Substitute baby kale or a salad mix with kale and other greens for the kale and chard in the Emerald City Salad.